Sunday 30 December 2007

Inaugural Walk

I can't have a blog about walking around Hither Green without doing some walking and what better day to begin than New Year's Day - Tuesday 1 January 2008?

I'm planning to meet with one or two friends at the clock tower on the old hospital site at 10am on Tuesday morning. The aim for the first walk is not an extended ramble but simply dipping a toe in the water with 30-40 minutes wandering round the new development. If you would like to join me then just show up - I aim to get there a few minutes early to see who else arrives.

I picked the clock tower because it is arguably Hither Green's most iconic landmark (although I will be keeping an eye out for other contenders over the course of the year).

2 comments:

Robert McIntosh said...

good luck with your first walk. Sorry I cannot make this one, but hopefully will catch up with one soon.

Wulf said...

Thanks. It was a pleasant stroll round. I'll post a follow up in the next few days but I have managed to get my photos online.